This past week was one of emotions and laughs and tears... I am so grateful for my pal Steph's Link Up this week for "Gratitude" as it reminds me to post about my week but also get my thoughts written down about the amazingly good and tough things that crop up in life.
1. I love how Brady has now made Griffin a cuddle bug. It was Brady's goal and here at 6 months, I think it worked. I am so grateful for my husband and being a good "dog dad" as I know that will translate to an amazing dad in the future!
2. NKOTB! I was lucky enough to attend the "Package Tour" concert with some girlfriends and had my mind - blown! I have never been to a "boy band" show before... When my ears stopped bleeding from the deafening sound of middle-aged drunk women screaming, I was able to really enjoy myself with an AWESOME open by Boyz To Men, a boring "intermission" by 98 Degrees and a ROCK STAR - sex pot - dance fest from NKOTB. Great memories!
3. We took at Sunday day trip to WI to see Brady's parents, and I just love this capture of Griffy and "Granpa" - so sweet.
4. Hanging out with one of my best's Louise and she showed me her bouquet - which is mine that she caught at our wedding and my garter which her then boyfriend Matt caught too... now they are engaged! :) I guess maybe our wedding was good luck for these two love birds!!
5. This is a daily gratitude every week, but my Sis-in-Law got some amazing pro photos taken of my gorgeous nephews (source: Heather Hanson Photography) THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL! I love all of these boys so much and am so grateful to have them in my life.
6. On Monday, it was an absolute perfect night and we took our pups to Minihaha Falls Dog Park, which is off-leash and many acres of FUN for the dogs. Griffin and Dash got to meet their cousin/new bestie Olivia, a little bulldog/cattle dog mix that my best friend Kinzie recently adopted. She got Olivia from the same rescue we got Griffy :) Second Hand Hounds is SO amazing! Check them out here: www.secondhandhounds.org
7. This is hard to write, but my god dad and uncle Mike is sadly not winning his battle with a rare form of Lukemia. A couple months ago, you may remember my post about the unbeliveable bag's set he hand made Brady and I for our wedding. (here). Well, over the 4th of July, we received some hard news that all of the options are not going to save his life.
give you lemons stomps on your heart, you have to think of the gratefulness in the fact in my case, I was lucky enough to have the chance to say goodbye. Many people in life do not get that opportunity.
On Saturday, my family went to my aunt and uncle's house and had a "Tree Party" - We planted a 20ft Maple in their front yard for my Uncle Mikey, played bags on all of the sets he made us cousins, had his favorite food, and got to see him one last time and hug him, kiss him and tell him everything we always or never said. I am blessed with an amazing God Dad and Uncle - and I have to be grateful always and forever for that.
8. Last night, I got to hang out with my little man, Jack. My nephew is literally one of my best friends. He is smart, and funny and sweet and beautiful and caring. He also happens to own a pretty rad scooter helmet and probably has better musical taste and knowledge than me... and he's 7.
9. Finally, this is me, trying to impress my husband with my mad practice with my camping skills. We are venturing out this weekend on a hike-to, no bathrooms, tent camping experience. This is his happy place... and I will attempt to not be a baby :) I am more of a "glamping" gal myself, but here goes nothin... I will report back after this weekend!
|Speaking of family, mine is amazing. Here's a cool one of us Wilson cousins 20+ years later! Taken last Xmas.|