Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Margaritas, Car Crashes, One-Bites, and other Birthday Fun...

It is pretty apparant that I have awesome friends. Yesterday was my birthday and since it was on a Monday, a non-important age (26 - meh!) and after a cray-cray wedding weekend that my liver is still pissed about, I thought a low-key dinner with friends would be a good option...
 
But, what I forgot to remind myself was that if you mix tequila and a bunch of hilarious people, it still turns out to be a shitshow.
 
 
 
Exhibit A. Me, with my free margarita. Yes, it was bigger than my face. Whoops.

 
Exhibit B: Me, spinning my "birthday prize wheel" - Yes, I look like Vannah White on crack. Yes, I did win a $10 gift card. Whoo hoo!

 
 
 Exhibit C: That damn sombraro. I wore it WAY too much. Notice how excited my husband looks..

 
Other favorite moments were when my "flaming shot" I was forced to drink made me literally flap my hands and almost regurgitate.
Also, when my birthday cake was used in a "One Bite" competition in which Justin ALMOST ate the entire slice in one bite. Priceless.
Oh and there was a car crash outside the restaurant... things got weird!
 
BUT - the moral of the story is that I LOVE my friends and all of them being there and also the texts, FB posts, voicemails, calls from friends and family meant the WORLD  TO ME!
I even got grandparent voicemails that melted my heart and a sweet greeting from my nephew Jack. :)
 
And for you special people and your presents! I LOVE THEM ALL
 
Brady started the day at lunch with a super sweet card and tickets to see Wicked when it comes to town!!
 
1. Fifty Shades of chicken from Anastasia - HAHA this is hilarious! I am a 50 Shades fan so this cookbook is priceless.
2. and 3. Kinzie had a hilarious card -the inside said something about "saggy old titties" and the Blast Blowdry Bar GC for a blowout! LOVE!
4 -6. Cathryn, my sweet BF, and her "lesbian lova" GC to H&M, her singing bday card with a Bella cousin on it, and gorgeous lillies! Mwah!
 


 
1-3. Steph and Justin - hilarious gifts from Patina! That magnet is SO true. And Steph knows how to stay classy. This Deer in the Headlight game looks hilarious (and also like my kindergarten photo). And the shower bombs because she knows "you dont like to take baths in your shower." HAHA
4. Louise and her furry HILARIOUS card about the Melrose taking a "Number 1"
5. Brian got me a gift online from the "Something Store" and literally my "two somethings" are getting shipped to me and we have no clue what it will be - a camo wallet, a Kindle, the mystery is out there.. More to come on this... haha.
6. Louise and Matt also got me Muscle Ice! She gives me massages and this stuff is AWESOME!
 
Basically this entire post is evidence of my AMAZING friends and family. My mom also knows me so well and I got a GC to Kohl's :)
I am blessed. Happy birthday to meeeee
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I love this!!! And I love YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Looks like a great celebration! I am totally intrigued by this "Something Store" hmm I will have to look into that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulousness all around. I'm glad you had a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read your title, I was like I had a margarita and a car crash too!
    At the bar we went to on Saturday they make a mexican car crash which is a corona topped over into a margarita. I thought we had an identical weekend haha

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun! And that margarita is HUGE! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! It seems like you had a lot of fun, and I love all the witty cards! I'm so excited to have found your blog and I can't wait to follow future adventures!
    xo, Hima
    P.S. I just started a blog and joined the cool kids club. I'd love for you to swing by and leave me a comment with some feedback! Thank you so much.
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete