It is pretty apparant that I have awesome friends. Yesterday was my birthday and since it was on a Monday, a non-important age (26 - meh!) and after a cray-cray wedding weekend that my liver is still pissed about, I thought a low-key dinner with friends would be a good option...
But, what I forgot to remind myself was that if you mix tequila and a bunch of hilarious people, it still turns out to be a shitshow.
Exhibit A. Me, with my free margarita. Yes, it was bigger than my face. Whoops.
Exhibit B: Me, spinning my "birthday prize wheel" - Yes, I look like Vannah White on crack. Yes, I did win a $10 gift card. Whoo hoo!
Other favorite moments were when my "flaming shot" I was forced to drink made me literally flap my hands and almost regurgitate.
Also, when my birthday cake was used in a "One Bite" competition in which Justin ALMOST ate the entire slice in one bite. Priceless.
Oh and there was a car crash outside the restaurant... things got weird!
BUT - the moral of the story is that I LOVE my friends and all of them being there and also the texts, FB posts, voicemails, calls from friends and family meant the WORLD TO ME!
I even got grandparent voicemails that melted my heart and a sweet greeting from my nephew Jack. :)
And for you special people and your presents! I LOVE THEM ALL
Brady started the day at lunch with a super sweet card and tickets to see Wicked when it comes to town!!
1. Fifty Shades of chicken from Anastasia - HAHA this is hilarious! I am a 50 Shades fan so this cookbook is priceless.
2. and 3. Kinzie had a hilarious card -the inside said something about "saggy old titties" and the Blast Blowdry Bar GC for a blowout! LOVE!
4 -6. Cathryn, my sweet BF, and her "lesbian lova" GC to H&M, her singing bday card with a Bella cousin on it, and gorgeous lillies! Mwah!
1-3. Steph and Justin - hilarious gifts from Patina! That magnet is SO true. And Steph knows how to stay classy. This Deer in the Headlight game looks hilarious (and also like my kindergarten photo). And the shower bombs because she knows "you dont like to take baths in your shower." HAHA
4. Louise and her furry HILARIOUS card about the Melrose taking a "Number 1"
5. Brian got me a gift online from the "Something Store" and literally my "two somethings" are getting shipped to me and we have no clue what it will be - a camo wallet, a Kindle, the mystery is out there.. More to come on this... haha.
6. Louise and Matt also got me Muscle Ice! She gives me massages and this stuff is AWESOME!
Basically this entire post is evidence of my AMAZING friends and family. My mom also knows me so well and I got a GC to Kohl's :)
I am blessed. Happy birthday to meeeee